Updated on Sunday 29th March 2015
– After winning shows in Ruislip, Great Yarnmouth Legends of Rock Festival, Bedford and the Cavern Raynes Park, we return to
– Sunday 19th April – The Colourhouse Theatre – Merton Abbey Mills (Plenty of parking and food outlets), lovely little waterside theatre 5 mins walk from Colliers Wood and South Wimbledon tube stations, admission around £5.00, music from 20.30pm
SUCCESS AT SKEGNESS & LEGENDS Of ROCK, Major Festivals 2015!!!, MANY PEOPLE SAY OUR SUNDAY NIGHT SHOW At Skegness WAS the FINEST ROADHOUSE PERFORMANCE THEY HAD EVER SEEN…..Check out the videos found so far on our video page.
Our appearance at The March LEGENDS OF ROCK FESTIVAL was another great success, with a massive crowd and brilliant audience reaction!
a fantastic return to the Tropic and our first Legends of Rock festival were also a memorable nights!
See the great photographer John Bull’s new site and check out the amazing Roadhouse section at … http://www.rockrpix.com, its possible to by hard copy pictures of the Band hear and their is a brand new gallery to explore – See the Roadhouse section for a choice of Cambridge Rock Festival, Boom Boom Club Sutton FC, or the Cavern
RADIO INTERVIEWS AND SPECIAL PROGRAMMES:
Just to let you know that the first of 3 special radio shows hosted by Tony Corner of Firebrand Rock Radio, one of the internet’s leading rock stations, went out on Sunday 13th Sept and featured interviews with Danny, Mandie and myself plus numerous tracks from Gods & Highways
http://www.firebrandrr.co.uk/ HEAR THE FIRST TWO SHOWS ON PODCASTS
The last show was on Sunday 28th 2014 at 7pm on Tony’s new station www.rock-radio.co.uk
Part Two with 3 more tracks from God & highways will be on Sunday 21ST, show, then 3 more songs and the final stages of the interviews next THURSDAY (if you miss them catch the podcasts)
After the great gig at the Rainbow in in Waterlooville,(Where we completed over an hours interview with Tony Colton and Firebrand Rock Radio for 4 special shows over an hour of interview and around 6 featured tracks (Details of all shows to follow).
- Friday 12th September – We played our Roadhouse live special 23rd Anniversary show at the Boom Boom Club, Sutton FC where a collectors item DVD/Cd was on sale. The CD/DVD featured a CD of 6 previously unreleased live recordings of our CD launch gig at the BOOM BOOM Club in 2013. Also a DVD featuring our advertising montage along with outtakes, 4 songs from our appearance at the Cambridge Rock festival in 2013, plus various other live footage including Spirits Across the Water and other songs being played at this years National Festival of Blues & Rock.Over 90 minutes of documentary and live footage WE filmed this gig with a multi camera set up, so we will see what comes out of the editing process. Thank you all our great friends who turned up and gave us magnificent support.
Three videos from the Boom Boom gig. Here are some 1 camera videos to wet your appetite and sample the great atmosphere produced on the night (Thanks to official photographer Steve Dulieu)
Photo by John Bull at Facebook page Rockerpix
The death OF FUNKY GEORGE DARE – we are sad to announce the death of former Roadhouse drummer Funky George Dare who played with the Band for 3 years and was the drummer on our Edge OF the Night CD. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
ROADHOUSE ROCKED THE CAMBRIDGE ROCK FESTIVAL – On Sunday 10th August we rocked the Cambridge Rock festival with a blinding show. On at 8pm we had the biggest stage Two crowd of the weekend and massive thanks to the great festival organisation Team and especially to Dave Roberts and Adrian Phillips for having us.
Here are tasters on Youtube:
Hell On Wheels from Cambridge.
ROADHOUSE NOW ON TWITTER, Follow us on twitter at Roadhousegb (Case sensitive) – Account run by the lovely Sarah Harvey Smart
MAJOR DATE MOVED: One of our 2 massive anniversary gigs has been moved from the Friday 8th August to a better date on Friday 12th September at the BOOM BOOM Club, Sutton FC
In the summer of 2013 We released the current CD, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars, with great cover art by Martin Cook. This was a ground breaking new CD for the Band, which has received unprecedented critical acclaim. If you want a signed copy PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for info. THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME TO THE GREAT LAUNCH GIGS AND THE AMAZING PRESS AND RADIO PLAY THIS CD HAS ACHIEVED WITHIN 9 MONTHS OF RELEASE. IT IS ALREADY ON OVER 200 STATIONS IN THE US (OVER 10 STATIONS), FRANCE, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS (PURPLE HAZE RADIO PLUS 3 OTHERS) BELGIUM, CROATIA, SPAIN, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, FINLAND AND THE UK (Including BBC Radio Scotland and Radio Caroline). Gary has completed interviews for Classic Rock, A 5 page interview IN OCTOBERS EDITION OF Guitar &; Bass, about his guitar collection and the CD, Radio Caroline, Radio Cambridge, Purple Haze Radio Netherlands with the great Jan Marius Franzen and Pete Feenstra’s stand out interview on Get Ready to Rock (check out the great review too!), plus now a whole page article in October’s Classic Rock Blues Magazine…
See videos of us live at the Cambridge Rock Festival (4/8/2013):
The Big Easy:
Gods & Highways & Old Guitars Version 1:
Gods & Highways & Old Guitars Version 2:
Roadhouse at Skegness Rock & Blues 2014
READ PETE FEENSTRA’S REVIEW OF THE CD IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS SITE!
Hell On Wheels, Can’t Say No, Katrina, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars, Blues Motel, Slow Down, Skinwalker, Spirits Across the Water, The Big Easy & Sinner. This CD gives a stronger emphasis to the Americana theme of our music, combining some more Bluesy structures with our most extensive use of female vocals.
- We have been given out stage time for our appearance at the great Cambridge Rock Festival this year. We are on stage at 18.30 – 19.30 pm on Sunday 4th August – www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
A full write up of these festival appearances can be found under the Journal section of this site. Some of our performances can be seen by some of the following crowd taken video clips?
Roadhouse are one of the UK’s most established, big stage Blues/Rock acts. A collaboration between experienced Blues/Rock musicians and much younger, talented female vocalists, Roadhouse are generally regarded as generating some of the best original material in the UK. Lead by acclaimed song writer, song writer, guitar player and singer, Gary Boner; 2010 saw the Band go from strength to strength.
Roadhouse are signed to Blues Matters/Krossborder Rekords and their current CD, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars (Widely regarded as their best) is on general release
– Over 2,000 live shows, including many high profile festival appearances
– Appearances at Glastonbury 2010, 11 appearances at the National Festival of Blues & Rock Skegness, 7 appearances at the National R&B Festival Colne, 2 at the National Blues Festival Burnley and numerous festivals across Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and France. This includes playing to nearly 10,000 people at the Antwerp festival with Dr Feelgood and John Hammond in 2005
– The release of 11 critically accalimed CD’s, that have achieved play (frequently full rotation) on over 500 radio stations in more than 20 different countries
– Live appearance (3 tracks) on the Paul Jones Show, BBC2 in 2004
– Roadhouse have opened for and in somecases played higher on the bill, than some major artists including:
Walter Trout, Joe Bonamassa, The Animals, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Nine Below Zero, The Hamsters, Wilco Johnson, Mick Taylor (of the Rolling Stones), Pat Travers and others too many to mention
Roadhouse was formed in 1991 by Gary Boner and Robert.A.Roberts (past member) ably assisted throughout by the driving bass of Bill Hobley and the the powerful drumming of Roger Hunt. Seizing on an eclectic mix of influences from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Creedence Clearwater Revival, the band has developed a sound all of its own. It’s basically ‘Southern Gothic Americana’ with a splash of added South London. In the words of a recent Maverick Review
“Britain’s finest Roots rockers, a dark coming together of Country, Rock and Blues”
In 2004 the Band released a CD , heralded by many critics as the best UK Blues Rock release of the year. No Place To Hide achieved an overwhelmingly positive reaction. “The whole CD is a wonderful and varied collection of songs played to the highest standard by a group of fine musicians. It deserves to take the band on to a higher level. I strongly recommend it” – Blues Matters! Magazine review.
The current release is the highly acclaimed ‘Dark Angel’.
Roadhouse’s music has always been different, country-rock, heading into roots and blues, with a dark, cinematic world view, the still back routes of America laced with the dirtier back streets of London. This is the band’s 11th album and is the pinnacle of their achievements, rumbling, roaring and screaming in pain while never losing track of the country undertones – Nick Dalton, Maverick Magazine
Gary Boner – Guitar & Vocals
Bill Hobley – Bass
Roger Hunt – Drums
Danny Gwilym – Guitar
Mandie.G – Vocals
- Sarah Harvey-Smart -Vocals
And guest appearances from Kelly Marie (vocals)
Contact Band: 07855-257728