Updated on Saturday 8th March 2014….
We had a special Birthday Gig featuring a guest appearances from Roadhouse Legend Drew Barron when we packed out the Colourhouse theatre, SW19 on Sunday 2nd March. thanks to all that came for the great support
- Friday 21st March – The Sydenham Blues Club at the Grape & Gain, Crystal Palace (Great NEW Venue For Us)
- Sunday 23rd March – Esquires Bedford – An afternoon show at around 16.00, highly recommended
- Saturday 5th April – The Admiral Rodney, Southwell, Notts, tickets from Bernard on 01636-815773
- Sunday 6th April – The Hope Tavern – Holton le Moor – Market Rasen, a 16.00 Sunday Blues Rock Club (great place)
SEE OUR GIG SECTION (2014) FOR MORE DETAILS
SUCCESS AT SKEGNESS – On Saturday and Sunday 25th and 26th January We played our 11th National Blues & Rock Festival at Skegness. We played a 45 minute set on the Saturday before running the festivals Jam session. On Sunday evening we played our own full 90 minute set on the JAKS/Blues Matters Stage at 20.30. Both sets were very well received and during the main set on the Sunday JAKS was packed even thought we were up against stiff opposition from Jefferson Starship. both gigs were great but Sundays was one of the best Roadhouse gigs in memory. Some old classis were played for the first time in years (i.e.) ‘I Couldn’t Get To Sleep’, as well as songs from Gods & Highways & Old Guitars. a massive thanks to all our friends for the amazing support
Last summer We released the new CD, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars, with great cover art by Martin Cook. This in my view is a ground breaking new CD for the Band, which has received unprecedented critical acclaim. If you want a signed copy PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org for info. THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME TO THE GREAT LAUNCH GIGS AND THE AMAZING PRESS AND RADIO PLAY THIS CD HAS ACHIEVED WITHIN 2 MONTHS OF RELEASE. IT IS ALREADY ON OVER 200 STATIONS IN THE US (OVER 10 STATIONS), FRANCE, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS (PURPLE HAZE RADIO PLUS 3 OTHERS) BELGIUM, CROATIA, SPAIN, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, FINLAND AND THE UK (Including BBC Radio Scotland and Radio Caroline). Gary has completed interviews for Classic Rock, A 5 page interview IN OCTOBERS EDITION OF Guitar &; Bass, about his guitar collection and the CD, Radio Caroline, Radio Cambridge, Purple Haze Radio Netherlands with the great Jan Marius Franzen and Pete Feenstra’s stand out interview on Get Ready to Rock (check out the great review too!), plus now a whole page article in October’s Classic Rock Blues Magazine…
See videos of us live at the Cambridge Rock Festival (4/8/2013):
The Big Easy:
Gods & Highways & Old Guitars Version 1:
Gods & Highways & Old Guitars Version 2:
Roadhouse at Skegness Rock & Blues 2014
READ PETE FEENSTRA’S REVIEW OF THE CD IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS SITE!
Hell On Wheels, Can’t Say No, Katrina, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars, Blues Motel, Slow Down, Skinwalker, Spirits Across the Water, The Big Easy & Sinner. This CD gives a stronger emphasis to the Americana theme of our music, combining some more Bluesy structures with our most extensive use of female vocals.
- We have been given out stage time for our appearance at the great Cambridge Rock Festival this year. We are on stage at 18.30 – 19.30 pm on Sunday 4th August – www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
A full write up of these festival appearances can be found under the Journal section of this site. Some of our performances can be seen by some of the following crowd taken video clips?
Roadhouse are one of the UK’s most established, big stage Blues/Rock acts. A collaboration between experienced Blues/Rock musicians and much younger, talented female vocalists, Roadhouse are generally regarded as generating some of the best original material in the UK. Lead by acclaimed song writer, song writer, guitar player and singer, Gary Boner; 2010 saw the Band go from strength to strength.
Roadhouse are signed to Blues Matters/Krossborder Rekords and their current CD, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars (Widely regarded as their best) is on general release
- Over 2,000 live shows, including many high profile festival appearances
- Appearances at Glastonbury 2010, 11 appearances at the National Festival of Blues & Rock Skegness, 7 appearances at the National R&B Festival Colne, 2 at the National Blues Festival Burnley and numerous festivals across Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and France. This includes playing to nearly 10,000 people at the Antwerp festival with Dr Feelgood and John Hammond in 2005
- The release of 11 critically accalimed CD’s, that have achieved play (frequently full rotation) on over 500 radio stations in more than 20 different countries
- Live appearance (3 tracks) on the Paul Jones Show, BBC2 in 2004
- Roadhouse have opened for and in somecases played higher on the bill, than some major artists including:
Walter Trout, Joe Bonamassa, The Animals, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Nine Below Zero, The Hamsters, Wilco Johnson, Mick Taylor (of the Rolling Stones), Pat Travers and others too many to mention
Roadhouse was formed in 1991 by Gary Boner and Robert.A.Roberts (past member) ably assisted throughout by the driving bass of Bill Hobley and the the powerful drumming of Roger Hunt. Seizing on an eclectic mix of influences from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Creedence Clearwater Revival, the band has developed a sound all of its own. It’s basically ‘Southern Gothic Americana’ with a splash of added South London. In the words of a recent Maverick Review
“Britain’s finest Roots rockers, a dark coming together of Country, Rock and Blues”
In 2004 the Band released a CD , heralded by many critics as the best UK Blues Rock release of the year. No Place To Hide achieved an overwhelmingly positive reaction. “The whole CD is a wonderful and varied collection of songs played to the highest standard by a group of fine musicians. It deserves to take the band on to a higher level. I strongly recommend it” – Blues Matters! Magazine review.
The current release is the highly acclaimed ‘Dark Angel’.
Roadhouse’s music has always been different, country-rock, heading into roots and blues, with a dark, cinematic world view, the still back routes of America laced with the dirtier back streets of London. This is the band’s 11th album and is the pinnacle of their achievements, rumbling, roaring and screaming in pain while never losing track of the country undertones – Nick Dalton, Maverick Magazine
Gary Boner – Guitar & Vocals
Bill Hobley – Bass
Roger Hunt – Drums
Danny Gwilym – Guitar
Mandie.G – Vocals
- Sarah Harvey-Smart -Vocals
And their amazing pool of additional female vocalists:
- Suzie.D – Vocals
- Kelly Marie Hobbs – Vocals
- Rachel Clark – Vocals
Contact Band: 07855-257728