Updated on Friday 25th July
BREAKING NEWS: ROADHOUSE NOW ON TWITTER, Follow us on twitter at Roadhousegb (Case sensitive) – Account run by the lovely Sarah Harvey Smart
MAJOR DATE MOVED: One of our 2 massive anniversary gigs has been moved from the Friday 8th August to a better date on Friday 12th September at the BOOM BOOM Club, Sutton FC
We played the first of our two 23RD ANNIVERSARY SHOWs AT THE BEAVERWOOD CLUB, CHISLEHURST last night. Thanks to all that came in this hot weather
FORTHCOMING MAJOR GIGS:
Our two special 23rd anniversary gigs where there will be an popportunity to buy a collectors edition limited run CD/DVD are fast approaching. The CD/DVD will feature a CD of 6 previously unreleased live recordings of our CD launch gig at the BOOM BOOM Club in 2013. Also a DVD featuring our advertising montage along with outtakes, 4 songs from our appearance at the Cambridge Rock festival in 2013, plus various other live footage including Spirits Across the Water and other songs being played at this years National Festival of Blues & Rock.Over 90 minutes of documentary and live footage
- Thursday July 24th, The Beaverwood Club, Chislehurst, http://www.feenstra.co.uk/
- Friday 12th September, THE BOOM BOOM CLUB, Sutton FC, Gander Green Lane, Sutton, http://www.feenstra.co.uk/, supported by the amazing Americana/New Country The Steve Eggs Band, Brilliant!
Buy your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment
MAJOR FESTIVAL APPEARANCE: Roadhouse live at the amazing Cambridge Rock Festival, Sunday 10th August 2012, contact Gary firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss ticket rates
- On Thursday 29th MAY at the famous Farnham Maltings we played the first of a string of major gigs under the banner of The Krossborder Rekords Roadshow, We played with the great LITTLE DEVILS, plus the young and talented RED BUTLER. It was case of 3 big Bands for the price of one. All these Bands had played the 2014 National Festival of Rock and Blues. An amazing night was had by all and was concluded by an all star jam featuring girl singers and musicians from all 3 Bands. See the Blues Matters prospective review in the journal section of this site. More of these great shows to come, catch one!
Back in March we had a special Birthday Gig featuring a guest appearances from Roadhouse Legend Drew Barron when we packed out the Colourhouse theatre, SW19 on Sunday 2nd March. thanks to all that came for the great support. Also a great performances at the Sydenham Blues Club and Bedford Esquires. Youtube clips of both shows available: via this new video channel run by Roadhouse photographer Steve Dulieu https://www.youtube.com/user/WickedUncleSteve
WE ALSO HAD A GREAT TRIP TO THE NORTH MIDLANDS FOLLOWED WITH GREAT GIGS IN SOUTHWELL (Thanks to Bernard) And At The HOPE TAVERN , Market Rasen, WHERE IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST GIGS IN LIVING MEMORY. also played a cracker at the legendary Blues At the Farm, thanks to Roy Anson an his crew
SUCCESS AT SKEGNESS 2014 – On Saturday and Sunday 25th and 26th January We played our 11th National Blues & Rock Festival at Skegness. We played a 45 minute set on the Saturday before running the festivals Jam session. On Sunday evening we played our own full 90 minute set on the JAKS/Blues Matters Stage at 20.30. Both sets were very well received and during the main set on the Sunday JAKS was packed even thought we were up against stiff opposition from Jefferson Starship. both gigs were great but Sundays was one of the best Roadhouse gigs in memory. Some old classis were played for the first time in years (i.e.) ‘I Couldn’t Get To Sleep’, as well as songs from Gods & Highways & Old Guitars. a massive thanks to all our friends for the amazing support
Last summer (2013) We released the new CD, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars, with great cover art by Martin Cook. This was a ground breaking new CD for the Band, which has received unprecedented critical acclaim. If you want a signed copy PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com for info. THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME TO THE GREAT LAUNCH GIGS AND THE AMAZING PRESS AND RADIO PLAY THIS CD HAS ACHIEVED WITHIN 9 MONTHS OF RELEASE. IT IS ALREADY ON OVER 200 STATIONS IN THE US (OVER 10 STATIONS), FRANCE, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS (PURPLE HAZE RADIO PLUS 3 OTHERS) BELGIUM, CROATIA, SPAIN, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AFRICA, FINLAND AND THE UK (Including BBC Radio Scotland and Radio Caroline). Gary has completed interviews for Classic Rock, A 5 page interview IN OCTOBERS EDITION OF Guitar &; Bass, about his guitar collection and the CD, Radio Caroline, Radio Cambridge, Purple Haze Radio Netherlands with the great Jan Marius Franzen and Pete Feenstra’s stand out interview on Get Ready to Rock (check out the great review too!), plus now a whole page article in October’s Classic Rock Blues Magazine…
See videos of us live at the Cambridge Rock Festival (4/8/2013):
The Big Easy:
Gods & Highways & Old Guitars Version 1:
Gods & Highways & Old Guitars Version 2:
Roadhouse at Skegness Rock & Blues 2014
READ PETE FEENSTRA’S REVIEW OF THE CD IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS SITE!
Hell On Wheels, Can’t Say No, Katrina, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars, Blues Motel, Slow Down, Skinwalker, Spirits Across the Water, The Big Easy & Sinner. This CD gives a stronger emphasis to the Americana theme of our music, combining some more Bluesy structures with our most extensive use of female vocals.
- We have been given out stage time for our appearance at the great Cambridge Rock Festival this year. We are on stage at 18.30 – 19.30 pm on Sunday 4th August – www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
A full write up of these festival appearances can be found under the Journal section of this site. Some of our performances can be seen by some of the following crowd taken video clips?
Roadhouse are one of the UK’s most established, big stage Blues/Rock acts. A collaboration between experienced Blues/Rock musicians and much younger, talented female vocalists, Roadhouse are generally regarded as generating some of the best original material in the UK. Lead by acclaimed song writer, song writer, guitar player and singer, Gary Boner; 2010 saw the Band go from strength to strength.
Roadhouse are signed to Blues Matters/Krossborder Rekords and their current CD, Gods & Highways & Old Guitars (Widely regarded as their best) is on general release
- Over 2,000 live shows, including many high profile festival appearances
- Appearances at Glastonbury 2010, 11 appearances at the National Festival of Blues & Rock Skegness, 7 appearances at the National R&B Festival Colne, 2 at the National Blues Festival Burnley and numerous festivals across Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and France. This includes playing to nearly 10,000 people at the Antwerp festival with Dr Feelgood and John Hammond in 2005
- The release of 11 critically accalimed CD’s, that have achieved play (frequently full rotation) on over 500 radio stations in more than 20 different countries
- Live appearance (3 tracks) on the Paul Jones Show, BBC2 in 2004
- Roadhouse have opened for and in somecases played higher on the bill, than some major artists including:
Walter Trout, Joe Bonamassa, The Animals, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Nine Below Zero, The Hamsters, Wilco Johnson, Mick Taylor (of the Rolling Stones), Pat Travers and others too many to mention
Roadhouse was formed in 1991 by Gary Boner and Robert.A.Roberts (past member) ably assisted throughout by the driving bass of Bill Hobley and the the powerful drumming of Roger Hunt. Seizing on an eclectic mix of influences from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Creedence Clearwater Revival, the band has developed a sound all of its own. It’s basically ‘Southern Gothic Americana’ with a splash of added South London. In the words of a recent Maverick Review
“Britain’s finest Roots rockers, a dark coming together of Country, Rock and Blues”
In 2004 the Band released a CD , heralded by many critics as the best UK Blues Rock release of the year. No Place To Hide achieved an overwhelmingly positive reaction. “The whole CD is a wonderful and varied collection of songs played to the highest standard by a group of fine musicians. It deserves to take the band on to a higher level. I strongly recommend it” – Blues Matters! Magazine review.
The current release is the highly acclaimed ‘Dark Angel’.
Roadhouse’s music has always been different, country-rock, heading into roots and blues, with a dark, cinematic world view, the still back routes of America laced with the dirtier back streets of London. This is the band’s 11th album and is the pinnacle of their achievements, rumbling, roaring and screaming in pain while never losing track of the country undertones – Nick Dalton, Maverick Magazine
Gary Boner – Guitar & Vocals
Bill Hobley – Bass
Roger Hunt – Drums
Danny Gwilym – Guitar
Mandie.G – Vocals
- Sarah Harvey-Smart -Vocals
Contact Band: 07855-257728